When your house is suffered with nasty smell then it means your house is unclean. It might mean that the trash needs to be taken out, that the pets need to be washed and scrubbed, that the floor needs extra attention. There can be many reasons why a home has random bad smells that might just hit when a guest is around, making everyone feel very uncomfortable. If your curtains are bad smelling drapes can immediately detract from the atmosphere you’ve created. And while there is plenty of masking sprays on the market that claim to get rid of musty smells, they are typically just a temporary fix. If you have smelly curtains then they are too embarrassing, and they can prevent you from enjoying your living spaces the way you should. The secret to deodorizing a room is first getting rid of the source of the odor, which you can do with thorough cleaning.
Get Rid of Smell on Curtains:-
- Wash your curtains on weekly basis or
you can wash your curtains either at home or send them to a dry cleaner for
professional cleaning. While cleaning curtains at home, make sure to follow the
cleaning instructions to avoid ruining the curtains. In case of cotton
curtains, take special care since they tend to shrink, leaving you with curtain
that will not fit your windows. In case your curtains are placed near a
fireplace or smoker in home, it is best to send them for dry cleaning.
· Do a patch test to make sure that your homemade detergent won't stain your curtains. Blot a small amount onto a corner of your curtain with a sponge and wait for five minutes. If this patch of curtain is discolored, rinse it immediately. If the color remains the same, soak your curtains for 30 minutes in the bucket. After that Wash them at a temperate of 104 F degree with color-safe washing powder and then hang your curtains on a clothing line or in a well-ventilated area. When you hire Curtain Cleaning Melbourne, you can have your peace of mind as your curtains are in experienced and skilled hands
- If your drapes can be washed, wash them
in hot water. Add some vinegar to the wash water because vinegar is a great
neutralizer and natural cleaner. Use one cup vinegar per full load. Just make
sure you add the vinegar to the water before placing drapes into washer.
Vinegar is natural bleach and will fade colors so you should never let fabrics
sit for a long time in vinegar and water.
- Opening the windows and doors every
couple of days for a whole day will help get the stink of cigarettes out of a
home. Because the air flow allows tar and resin particles to escape, leaving
the house smelling more like a house than a tar pit.
- If you don’t have to spend money on the expensive stuff then even the cheap vodka will do the trick in removing smells from materials. Just spray diluted vodka on your drapes and then wait for it to dry. The vodka will effectively trap and eliminate odors in drapes.